Regardless where you are selling, your top priority is to make sales. When you are not making sales, then you are losing.
In this article, I would guide you on how to make sales online.
- Sell on multiple marketplaces. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you would make lots of money by selling on one marketplace. You have to diversify. Selling on multiple marketplaces gives you the chance to sell fast and well. But before you start selling on multiple marketplaces, you have to understand their rules and abide by them. You have to understand the marketplace before you start using them.
- Scale fast. Online selling works on scale. Thinking about scaling has become imperative, with consumer reach increasing from a limited area around your shop to everyone accessing the internet. You must keep building your catalog to list every product and services that have the potential to be sold.
- Invest in content. Selling online is different from selling offline. When you are selling online, content is more like your shopkeeper. When your product description is catchy and well written, you have more tendency of making more sales. Not only you customers love a well-written product description, but even the search engine also loves it. A well-written product description will let you rank higher in search engines.
- Automate to grow. There are so many e-commerce platforms that allow its sellers to upload their listing online in an efficient and a highly scalable manner. When you have the right online channel, you can manage your inventory across multiple marketplaces in just a few clicks. That is awesome right? So if you are aiming high in gaining traction in your business, you must not shy away from using new platforms and technology.
- Set your priorities. The problem most sellers have is setting their priorities. From getting the list of the products to packaging them and shipping order, there are various steps that are involved in the order fulfillment process. If you are selling on multiple marketplaces, you might lose track. No, you are bound to lose track if you don’t use the right tools needed, to make your customers experience an awesome buying experience, you should focus more on the quality of the product and the quantity. You should also rely on one or the other eCommerce platforms for management, packaging, inventory, and delivery.
— Jeffrey Feldberg (@JeffreyFeldberg) 7 août 2017